Page 20 - Ferrari of Central Florida
P. 20

 Family History
THROUGH THE YEARS
The Ferrari GTO which debuted The 1982 San Marino GP: Pironi at the 1984 Geneva Motor Show passes Villeneuve at the Tosa
Corner and accelerates to victory
80s - 90s - Towards The New Millennium
The Ferrari Testarossa unveiled at the Paris Show in October 1984
The 166 MM and the F40 exhibited at MOMA in New York in 1993
An exultant Schumacher on the podium at the Japanese GP which gave him the 2000 World Drivers’ title
The Enzo Ferrari which was officially unveiled on 28 September 2002 at the Paris Motor Show
                                           2000 - 2010 - Ferrari Paints F1 Red
   We probably went through our most difficult time in the 1980s. The decade drew to a close on the sad note of Enzo Ferrari’s passing in 1988. In addition Fiat increased its stake to 90% with the remaining 10% staying in the hands of Enzo’s son, Piero Ferrari.
While the Scuderia managed just two Formula 1 Constructors’ titles (1982 and 1983), Ferrari also produced several history-making cars in the same years: the 288 GTO and the Testarossa in 1984, the F40, Enzo Ferrari’s final car, in 1987, followed by the F50 in 1995.
The new millennium ushered in a period of spectacular sporting success. Ferrari clocked up a series of impressive victories on American soil, including three 12 Hours of Sebring and one 24 Hours of Daytona. However, it was in F1 that Maranello really dominated the action. Between 2000 and 2008, in fact, the Scuderia won a total of 13 World titles: six Drivers’ (five with Schumacher and one with Räikkönen) and seven Constructors’.
From a commercial point of view these were years that brought the launch of successful models of the likes of the Enzo Ferrari in 2002 and the F430 in 2004. Even more significantly, however, they saw the adoption of a new branding policy. This resulted in the official inauguration of the first Ferrari Store in Maranello in 2002, followed by a string of openings in Italy and abroad that would ultimately result in 30 single-brand retail outlets worldwide, including Saint Petersburg, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, New York and Miami.
           18
  



















































































   18   19   20   21   22